Roma Versitas Kosovo (RKV) and Romawood Vacancy Announcement
Rolling Film Festival #6
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
The Rolling Film Festival (RFF) Coordinator will be a mature and well-organized individual who will manage the #6 of the festivals. The Coordinator should maintain an overview and long-term perspective on RFF6 and be fully committed to support the best possible cultural event.
The Rolling Film Festivals editions (2009, 2011 and 2012, 2014 and 2018) have become Kosovo’s most appreciated event for introducing other Kosovo communities to the Roma community, for supporting Romani artistic expression and for providing a festive, dynamic and transformative venue for combating stereotypes and promoting positive inter-ethnic relations.
Duties in general
- Fundraising and donor relations
- Implementation and recruitment of volunteers
- Team management
- Planning, promoting and coordinating the various actions of the festival
- Bookkeeping (with the support of RKV permanent staff)
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Partnership development (other film festivals, networks, artists)
- Manage projection/broadcast rights, translation, and subtitling processes
- General administration
- Reporting to donors
Administrative and Management Duties
• Provide supervision and guidance when necessary and appropriate
• Ensure that the project budget is spent according to project plan and allocation
• Supervise purchase of all materials envisioned in the project budget
• Provide timely clear reports, according to donor’s requirements
• Creatively direct the program so as to surpass objectives and indicators
Profile of the applicant
- Preferably from Kosovo but we also open to other countries in Europe.
- Two-year experience with related culture events (or previous work on two major cultural events)
- Considerable knowledge of major event management
- Advance computer skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to different situations to meet necessary deadlines
- Experience supervising large numbers of volunteer staff
- Ability to manage multiple activities or to change priorities quickly
- Ability and willing to work with an ethnically diverse population
- Fluency in English and Albanian; Serbian strongly preferred
- Must possess a driver's license valid in Kosovo.
- Roma applicants encouraged to apply
Minimum Training and Experience
University degree (MA preferred) in Arts History, Cinema History, Cultural Management or similar with extensive course work in cultural organizations, 2 years of project management with program coordination experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Roma applicants are encouraged to apply no matter their education degree (experience in cultural project management will outweigh minimum education requirement).
Working Time and Hours
The RFF Coordinator will work Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 16:30. Total working hours shall be 40 hours per week and any additional hours that the Coordinator shall at his/her own discretion believe necessary to meet the RFF objectives. S/he shall be entitled to 5 days of holiday after every three months of work, which may be accumulated and used.
510.00 Euros net per month.
1st November 2020 until 30th April 2021 – with possibility to extend